EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE AND LEARN TO FLY
The Tauranga Aero Club is one of the largest flight training providers in the Bay of Plenty. We offer a range of light aircraft for recreational and private pilots to hire from as low as $210 per hour. We also provide training towards internationally recognized pilot licences, giving you the opportunity to spread your wings anywhere in the world. Located at Tauranga airport in the spectacular Bay of Plenty we have it all, superb scenery, magical seascapes, steaming volcanoes, pristine beaches and a favorable climate and environment for flight training.
The core activity of the Tauranga Aero Club is flight training of recreational pilots towards their Private Pilot Licence. We have been doing this for well over 85 years and are the experts! As well as this, we also train pilots towards their Commercial Pilots Licence and Instructor Rating.
Specifically, we have training programs in place for the following types of training:
– Trial flights for people interested in gaining their pilot licence
– Flight instruction of pilots towards a Private Pilot Licence or Commercial Pilots Licence.
– Flight instruction of pilots towards a C Category Instructor Rating, or B category Instructor Rating.
– Flight instruction of pilots towards a single engine instrument rating.
– Conduct of a Biennial Flight Review for a Private Pilot Licence or Commercial Pilot Licence.
– Conduct of an Aircraft Type Rating.
– Conduct of an Aerobatic Rating.
– RNZAC flying competitions.
– Conversion of a foreign licence to a New Zealand PPL or CPL.
– Private aircraft hire for recreational pilots.
We also offer a variety of trial flights allowing you to test the waters before jumping into the aircraft and flying sky high giving you a feel for the environment before committing to the licence.